May 18, 2017
Encore release May 18, 2017.
Critics of Barack Obama take the president to task for not having enough god-talk in his annual Thanksgiving message.
Not so much a War on Christmas as a Theocratic Beachhead Established over the Christmas Break: Georgia Republican Senator Bill Heath submitted a bill on November 15th to make the national motto ("In God We Trust") mandatory on all state license plates. If they want to cover it up, motorists can purchase a sticker with their county's name for an extra dollar.
Over Thanksgiving weekend, the Pope addressed a delegation of US bishops to say that child molestation isn't just a Catholic problem--it's a societal problem.
Finally, we share our Top Five Holiday Gift Suggestions for Nonbelievers:
4. A Kindle, because portable freethought has never been so easy.
3. Membership in the new Atheist Alliance of America
2. DVD of the recent AAA convention, including Christopher Hitchens' Richard Dawkins Award acceptance speech (when it's available).
1. Flying Spaghetti Monster merch.
5. Arguably: Essays by Christopher Hitchens.
4. Stocking stuffers from Unemployed Philosopher's Guild.
1. The Life an Morals of Jesus of Nazareth by Thomas Jefferson (aka "The Jefferson Bible")
[Amazing high-speed photography by Alan Sailer]
Visit our blog at AmericanFreethought.com.
Visit the podcast at AmericanFreethought.LibSyn.com.
Email us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. (John and David are available, either together or separately, to speak in person to your group.)
If you like what you hear, take a moment and leave feedback on our iTunes page.
If you'd like to donate to the operation of this podcast, you can contribute through PayPal to email@example.com. We promise not to spend it on beer.
November 20, 2011. Hosted by John C. Snider and David Driscoll.