Jul 9, 2017
Encore release July 9, 2017.
Not much of a war this year, and if there is one it looks like Christmas is winning. The American Family Association's "Naughty or Nice" list features far more companies that are Christmas-friendly than not. Sarah Palin has a new book out: Good Tidings and Great Joy: Protecting the Heart of Christmas. It's more word salad from the former governor of Alaska, in which she laments the supposed assault on the Baby Jesus' Birthday. Check out Katy Steinmetz's humorous review at TIME.
Here are our suggestions for holiday gifts for non-believers:
5. A gym membership ('cause this the only body you'll ever have)
4. One or more of the following books: The Great Agnostic by Susan Jacoby; What You Don't Know about Religion (but Should) by Ryan Cragun; Last Ape Standing by Chip Walter
3. A Nice Trip (David recommends Vegas)
2. Contribution in their name to American Atheists (or some other secular charity of your choice)
1. Binoculars (what non-believer doesn't enjoy sky gazing?)
5. Cognitive Dissonance Combo Pack: Zealot by
Reza Aslan & Killing
4. Books on the History of Christmas: The Battle for Christmas by Stephen Nissenbaum; Christmas in America by Penne Restad; Christmas Curiosities by John Grossman
3. Subscription to MUSE, a science magazine for 9 to 14-year-olds .
2. GoldieBlox - building toys aimed at getting girls interested in engineering.
1. Atheist Shoes